ILL Forms: Title Request (books) | Periodical Request (articles) | Subject Request
Materials not available at the Boyden Library may be borrowed from another library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Available materials include: books, articles, microfilm, microfiche, theses, videos, DVDs, CDs and audiobooks.
- Recently published and very popular materials may not be available.
- Reference books and rare materials are not available.
- Most requests are usually filled within two weeks, but may take longer. Projects should be planned accordingly.
- The loan period for materials is set by the lending library and is usually one month, but may be less.
- Materials not returned by the specified due date will be charged $1.00 for each day that the item is late.
- When materials are not returned promptly, the library's participation in the Interlibrary Loan system is jeopardized.
- Identify a book or article that is not available at the Boyden Library
- Locate a record for it in another library catalog or research database, if possible, and print that record
- Obtain an ILL form from the Reference Desk or open the correct form with the links above
- Complete the form, providing your contact information
- Attach the printed record for the item
- Take the form and printout to the Reference Desk where a Reference Librarian will check the information and initial the form
- Ms. McCarthy will make the request, track its progress, and notify you when the book or article is available
Contact Angela McCarthy at 774-1503 with question or comments.